Winter is coming (dun dun dun)! With chillier weather comes many wonderful things – cozy sweaters, pumpkin spice-scented everything, hot coffee. But with the chill and crisp air also comes dry skin. Enter a tried and true DIY scrub recipe that not only keeps your skin silky smooth, but utilizes your old coffee grounds – yeah for up-cycling! Bonus: creating your own beauty products from all-natural and organic ingredients insures that you’re keeping toxins out of your body. Ingredients:
- 1 cup used, dried coffee grounds
- 1 cup organic sugar or salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- If not already in liquid form, melt your coconut oil and allow to cool without becoming solid again.
- Mix in your used coffee grounds and sugar or salt.
- Store in an airtight container.
- While in the shower or tub, rub coffee scrub into skin to exfoliate – *if you’re going to shave, make sure to shave after using the scrub as to not irritate your skin.
- Rinse skin clean.
- Make sure to moisturize afterwards.
- Compost all grounds in your local compost, woods, or plant!
Check out some of our favorite zero waste bath and body products to accompany your scrub and bathing routine.