It is never fun to have your drains clogged with hair in the shower or food in the kitchen. I put off cleaning out my drain because I thought it would be difficult and take forever. Luckily my boyfriend showed me this easy and effective method to help remove the buildup from clogged drains! It was actually kind of fun and reminiscent of elementary school volcanoes!
DIY Natural Drain Cleaner
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 gallon of boiling or extremely hot water
- bathtub stopper or thick washcloth
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into your drain. Be sure that it all goes down. You can use your fingers or a long tool such as a chopstick to help.
- Pour 1/2 cup white vinegar into the drain and cover immediately with a stopper or a rag in order to keep bubbles in the drain instead of them releasing into your sink or tub
- Wait 2 minutes
- Pour the second 1/2 cup of white vinegar down the drain and, like in step 2, cover
- Once covered, wait 15-30 minutes
- Uncover and dump one gallon of boiling or very hot water down the drain